Feed

Future of Plusnet

BT, the parent company of Plusnet seems to be running it down. All the periferal activities such as BT sport and landline phones are not now available to new subscribers and with the imminent withdrawl of landline phones Plusnet is not offering VOIP. Have any other Plusnet users heard any news?

Re: Future of Plusnet

They're shutting down Plusnet Mobile as well. They are doing 900mbps fibre where Openreach have done the area, so very mixed signals. BT seems to have settled on EE as their main consumer brand, but whether there's room for Plusnet only time will tell. I was a happy customer, it would be a shame to see it go.

Likewise. We have been with Plusnet for a long time and would be sorry to see them go. At the moment our only full fibre offering seems to be from Trooli who, as well as being a bit of an unknown quantity, would want to charge us quite a bit of extra money because they would need to make use of a “Joint User Pole”

We’ll probably sit tight until forced to change, whether that be through the closure of Plusnet or the withdrawal of copper service. City Fibre seem to have been digging up the footpaths in every road but ours. Whether we are in their plans, I don’t know. There’s no sign of BT/Openreach anywhere near.

Slight update on the above, albeit not on the original topic: Virgin media are now digging up the footpath further up the road. Still no sign of any fibre coming down our section though, apart from the above mentioned Trooli overhead offering.

We used to have Virgin media -we don't now! Take a look a trustpilot or Which? to understand why....

Wow, the Trustpilot reviews of Virgin are indeed pretty damming. On the other hand the reviews of Trooli and City Fibre look suspiciously good!

We have Virgin Media. We've not found them dreadful and our broadband has been generally reliable over the years (we first used a predecessor company when we abandoned dial-up and went to broadband of 128kb/s: 'twas fast in those days and it was always-on).

The worst thing to me about VM is their punishment of loyalty (I recognise that this is a modern trend). Every 18 months they send an absurd new price and you have to ring up, say you're thinking of leaving if they can't come up with a better price then keep saying 'no' until they get to about half of their opening figure. This year it was £90+ for broadband only when the various City Fibre vendors were asking £30! Pathetic.

Feed